1. Don't Let Digital Dominate Demos
Virtual reality, augmented reality, QR coding, and beckoning technology are just a few examples of the ways in which digital technology are altering the fundamentals of trade shows. Why? Because they tend to separate booth staff and attendees from making face-to-face connections, and that's critical.
2. Balance Technology with Human Interaction
Don't get us wrong. We love new technology, but we also know that humans are designed to be social. Trade show marketers should understand how to balance the power of new technology with the importance of real human connections. Here are a few of our favorite ways to help truly connect with your audience.
Consider What Creates Connection
If we break down what creates a human connection, it's about three things: feeling seen, feeling heard, and feeling valued. Take each of these traits into consideration when you're training your staff before the show.
Train Your Staff to Ask Questions
Work with your staff on a list of conversation starters and practice having engaging conversations prior to the event. Sample questions might include:
- What brings you to the event?
- Have you attended before?
- Are you here to learn or find something specific?
- How long have you been in the industry?
- Have you seen anything really intriguing at the event?
Engage the Five Senses
Sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste. When you engage people's senses, you're shaping their experience and connecting with them on many levels. To create a more multisensory booth, ask yourself these questions:
- What are attendees seeing? (consider all perspectives)
- What, if anything, are they smelling? (flowers, popcorn, cookies, etc.)
- Do they have the ability to touch anything or do anything with their hands?
- What are they hearing? Music, laughter, games, a presentation?
- What are they tasting? Remember, people love to eat!
A clear focus on better human interaction paves the way for trade show success. Combining the two is a recipe for high ROI and incredible results. Learn more about how you can do this in your next marketing campaign. Download our free resource: 7 Keys To An Irresistible Trade Show Campaign.