Every week we’ll be sharing updates and good news from around the world to keep us up to date!
See below for whats happenin’ now:
Photo Credit: The Basin Repot
August 3, 2020
- Anchorage, Alaska nominated as on of the ‘Nicest Places in America’ notably ensuring its residents and homeless are safe during the coronavirus crisis.
- An artist in Lima, Peru honors coronavirus victims by painting their faces in neighborhoods.
- Google extends work-from-home policy for employees until July 2021.
- Newest Chick-fil-A restaurant opened Thursday in South Valley!
- MGM Resorts names Bill Hornbuckle as new CEO and President.
- Target and Dick’s are following Walmart’s lead and closing stores on Thanksgiving.
- Flippy, the first robot that can cook food at quick-serve restaurants, is on the fast track to fast food stardom.
- Netflix secured the most Emmy nominations ever!
- US energy use dropped to more than 30-year low during the pandemic.
- Happy 40th Birthday to Harry Potter!
- EDC Las Vegas postponed to May 2021.
- A second round of stimulus checks are planning to go out this month, but a reduction to unemployment benefits will be in effect for the CARES Act 2.
- NASA’s Mars 2020 Perseverance Rover launched to the Red Plant last Thursday!
- A breakthrough in Alzheimer’s research, new blood test has the potential to make diagnosing the disease simpler, more
affordable, and widely accessible.
- Hero teacher prepared and delivered 7,500 packed lunches to students!
- A potential coronavirus vaccine from Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline to advance in clinical trials and development.
- The USDA identified 14 mystery seeds sent around the US. Don’t plant the seeds!
- Astronauts aboard the SpaceX capsule splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday, marking NASA’s first water landing since 1975.
- The US Navy’s first black female Tactical Aircraft pilot received her Wings of Gold.
- After 1,000 days of construction the Raiders’ Allegiant Stadium has hit its completion date!
Photo Credit: Good News Network
July 27, 2020
- Anchorage, Alaska nominated the ‘Nicest Places in America’ ensuring its residents and homeless are safe during
the coronavirus crisis.
- In India, 2M people gathered together to plant 20M trees along the River Ganges - all while social distancing.
- The Olympics will begin July 23, 2021 with a full squad of athletes.
- Shaq pulls over to help a Florida women after her car crashed!
- Taylor Swift’s new album, Folklore, broke several streaming records following its release.
- John Lewis made his final journey across Edmund Pettus Bridge by horse-drawn caisson.
- CCSD is using buses and cafeterias to distribute meals to students.
- The Burning Man Multiverse 2020 goes virtual.
- A second round of stimulus checks are planning to go out this month, but a reduction to unemployment benefits will be in effect for the CARES Act 2.
- US signs contract with Pfizer for the first 100M doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
- On Thursday July 23rd, the iconic Bally’s Las Vegas welcomed its first guests in almost four months.
- Henderson Amazon facility is going to hire 1k by the holiday season!
- RTC is stepping up their game with new tech tools to fight COVID-19 in Southern Nevada.
- Baseball is back! The NY Mets played in-front of a largely empty stadium, a few hundred seats filled with cardboard cutouts of fans.
- The NBA season resumes this Thursday in their Disney World bubble!
- MIT researchers create reusable face mask
Photo Credit: US 99
July 20, 2020
- Nursing home residents recreate classic album covers while in lockdown!
- WWII Navy Veteran celebrates 100th birthday in style at Las Vegas VA clinic.
- Las Vegas Great Santa Run going virtual this year!
- Nellis AFB will reopen commissary exchange and food services on weekends for eligible beneficiaries.
- The Ford Bronco is back... 25 years after it was discontinued in 1996.
- Amazon’s latest experiment: a shopping cart that tracks your groceries as you add them. Dash Carts will come first to
Amazon grocery stores in LA this year.
- Amazon eliminates single-use plastic in packaging in India.
- Disneyland celebrates its 65th birthday over the weekend!
- ‘Booze fairies’ have been gifting booze and treats to neighbors who could use a smile!
- Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas getting families outdoors with it’s ‘dive-in-movie’ series every Friday and Saturday.
- Chipotle is hiring up to 10k employees to support its drive thru expansion.
- Lunch on Lizzo - Grammy Winner treats local hospital workers to lunch!
- NASA and ESA to reveal closest images ever taken of the sun.
- To eliminate plastic, college graduate designs Ramen packaging that dissolves in hot water.
- New babies born to world’s rarest Great Ape species, sparking hope for its survival.
- An image a of large smiley face was projected onto the Houses of Parliament to spread an uplifting message of
positivity during tough times.
- Brides across America begin donating wedding gowns to support the marriages of front-line healthcare workers.
Photo Credit: Penta
July 13, 2020
- Blackout day was on July 7th, the protest movement encouraged to only spend money on black owned businesses.
- Walmart+ The service will cost $98 a year and will include same day delivery!
- Las Vegas ballpark is now offering behind the scenes tours.
- The Washington Redskins will announce today they’ll retire the team’s name after 87 years.
- Wild Bison are returning to England’s forests for the first time in 6,000 years!
- Las Vegas woman is sewing face coverings with a clear cover by the mouth to help teachers with students and speech
therapists with clients.
- Lays is rolling out five new limited batch flavors of chips after classic dishes served in restaurants. (ex. Philly cheese-steak, street tacos, New York style pizza)
- Allegiant Stadium still hiring part-time positions.
- The federal government will pay the drug maker Novavax $1.6B to develop a coronavirus vaccine and produce 100M
doses by early 2021.
- Walt Disney World reopened on Saturday but with special precautions.
- Architect has developed a revolutionary way to capture carbon emissions from the air and turning them into stylish tile.
- The Caribbean Island of Dominica is on track to become the world’s first ‘Hurricane Proof’ Country.
Europe's green search engine, Ecosia, that plants trees with every search has just planted it’s 100-Millionth tree!
- Superhero brings smiles to 100,000 sick children and families, California's non-profit, A future Super Hero and Friends.
Photo Credit: Happy Mag TV
July 6, 2020
- Firework shows lit up the night sky on the Fourth of July across the valley!
- AMC pushed back its phased reopening to July 30th.
- NASA will launch the Mars Perseverance Rover on July 22nd.
- YouTube TV jacked up its subscription price to $64.99.
- Uber is extending its face mask requirement for riders and drivers indefinitely.
- The San Diego Zoo announced an Echidna hatched at its Safari Park for the rst time ever.
- Nevada’s minimum wage to increase beginning July 1st.
- The virtual Tour de France will allow female competitors for the first time.
- ‘GALS’ middle school prepares for opening amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- Adidas promises to give $120M to causes addressing racial inequality.
- Microsoft announced an initiative to train 25M people around the world for digital jobs.
- World’s rarest Wading Bird population rises by 30% - New Zealand’s massive effort to prevent extinction.
- Walmart is partnering with Tribeca Enterprise to turn 160 of it’s parking lots into drive-in movie theaters this summer.
- MIT scientists design autonomous UV robot that can disinfect in just 30 mins.
- Victory for the environment - Germany bans single use plastic and styrofoam.
- City of Sydney completes switch to 100% renewable energy!
- Mahogany Fire in Mt. Charleston is now 95% contained!
Photo Credit: Domi Good
June 29, 2020
- Color-changing inks can be printed onto clothing to warn the wearer about potential health issues.
- Etsy stock hit a all time high thanks to face mask sales.
- The Barcelona Opera House is reopening with a concert performed exclusively for 2,200 potted plants.
- Water parks reopen today at Desert Breeze, Hollywood rec center.
- NASA seeks toilet designs for outer space, one of the top prizes is $35,000!
- Walmart employees are getting another cash bonus for working through the pandemic.
- American Airlines will start filling planes to capacity beginning July 1.
- Say goodbye to the Segway - popular with tourists and law enforcement is being retired.
- Amazon announced a $2 Billion venture fund to invest in clean tech that helps fight climate change.
- Amazon hiring 1,000 workers for Henderson facility.
- Hawaii group sets record for the largest haul of plastic removed from the Great Pacific.
- After being laid off, ‘Lasagna Lady’ responds to coronavirus by cooking 1,200 pans for strangers in need.
- Sean Penn’s nonprofit, CORE, relieves firefighters by administering COVID testing in 10 U.S. cities for free.
- The region beyond Australia’s Great Barrier Reef was mostly unexplored - until now.
- 20 wolf cubs born in zoos were integrated into wild packs to be raised as their own and diversify the gene pool.
Photo Credit: Space.com
June 22, 2020
- The Oscars has been delayed until April 2021 because of the pandemic.
- The Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is bringing the holiday spirit this July!
- Startup in Uganda recycles plastic bottles into PPE face shields for hospitals.
- On June 16, 1963 Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman to travel into space.
- Target raises minimum wage to $15/hour.
- Eiffel Tower is set to reopen after the longest closure since WWII.
- Saturday June 20th, the first day of summer marked the longest day of the year.
- A rare “ring of fire” solar eclipse was visible in certain parts of the world.
- New park opens in Sky Canyon community.
- Apple is launching a $100M Racial Equity and Justice Initiative.
- Netflix CEO is donating $120M to scholarships at Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Dogs trained to sniff out COVID-19 score near perfect in diagnosis of human sweat samples.
- Scientists have identified the first drug shown to reduce coronavirus-related deaths called dexamethasone.
- Henderson awards $84M contract for the Silver Knights event center.
- More Las Vegas resorts are reopening, Luxor opens this Thursday!
- Las Vegas City Council approves program allowing parking tickets to be paid with school supply donations.
- Wynn Las Vegas reopened it’s buffets with a new reimagined concept.
Photo Credit: 8 News Now Las Vegas
June 15, 2020
- Clark County breaking ground on the new arena at Horseman’s Park.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Las Vegas is set to reopen on June 22nd.
- Dunkin’ franchisees is going to hire up to 25,000 employees.
- Work resumes in Paris on the Notre-Dame Cathedral after stopping due to pandemic.
- Mayor in Washington D.C. officially renames a section of 6th street to “Black Lives Matter Plaza.”
- AMC plans to reopen theaters in July!
- Sony has finally unveiled the first look at the PlayStation 5 console.
- 250 years ago on June 11th, the Great Barrier Reef was discovered.
- Campgrounds, coves reopened Saturday at Lake Mead.
- Allegiant Stadium hiring 4,500 people for Raiders game day staff.
- The LINQ and other Caesars entertainment properties reopened June 12th.
- Millions of COVID cases and deaths averted thanks to lockdown: ‘One of humanity’s greatest achievements’
- Michael Jordan and his Jordan brand pledge $100M to black communities.
- The first wall went up at Belly’s Village, the $30M housing project is building homes for people with special needs.
- Treasure worth $1M found hidden in the Rocky Mountains after a decade of searching.
- 9-year-old boy from Kenya invents hand-washing machine to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.
Photo Credit: Twitter @NASASolarSystem
June 8, 2020
- ‘Strawberry’ Full Moon came out last week and it happened to be a Lunar Eclipse!
- Bank of America pledges $1 Billion to fight racial inequality.
- EU plans to raise $22 billion annually to protect 30% of land and oceans for biodiversity.
- 5.5 earthquake felt in Southern Nevada on June 3rd.
- School food drives helped those affected by looting in Minneapolis and turned into tsunami of grocery bag deliveries.
- Ikea in Las Vegas reopens for in-store shopping!
- Couple who created a new quiz game sees sales skyrocket during lockdown, earning them $184,000.
- 76th anniversary of D-Day, we remember the American heroes who gave their lives on June 6, 1944.
- Teen who spent 10 hours cleaning up after protest in Buffalo, NY gifted new car and college scholarship.
- Back in business! Nevada Casinos were allowed to reopen at 12:01am on June 4, 2020!
- Tourist from LA is feeling lucky after winning more than $650,000, the first major jackpot at Caesars palace since reopening!
- Today, New York City will begin the first phase of reopening, exactly 100 days after its first coronavirus case was confirmed.
- CES 2021 to be held in-person in Las Vegas!
- June 4th marked the first day Centennial Hills Hospital does not have any confirmed or hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
- River running through Zion National Park will be protected forever thanks to the Nature Conservancy.
- US unemployment rate declines as 2.5 million workers return to work.
- Wynn Las Vegas is offering complimentary one-night stay for first responders; this offer is available starting today through June 30th.
Photo Credit: @WBTV_NEWS
June 1, 2020
- Walt Disney World plans to reopen mid-July.
- 10-year-old is sending thousands of art kits to kids in homeless shelters and foster care during the pandemic.
- Private radio station hosts exclusively by retirees has been cheering isolated seniors across the US.
- For the first time in 124-year history, the Boston Marathon as been cancelled. Organizers plan to hold a virtual race instead.
- Six flags announced safety measures for reopening on June 5th.
- Monkeys escape with COVID-19 samples after attacking lab assistant.
- A ghostly WWII fighter plan wreck has emerged from the shifting sans of a U.K. beach 76 years after crash-landing.
- 13-year-old heading to UNLV after graduating college with four associate’s degrees.
- New York City is on track to begin a phased reopening process on June 8th.
- NASA astronauts lifted off in a SpaceX capsule in the first launch into orbit from American soil with a crew since space shuttles were retired in 2011.
- World’s largest all-electrical airplane takes historic first flight towards cleaner aviation industry.
- CCSD is replacing 3 aging elementary schools in east Las Vegas with construction at two of them set to begin this month.
- First hybrid floating ocean platform can generate power from waves, wind, and solar.
- Amazon will offer full-time jobs for the 125,000 temporary workers they hired during the pandemic.
- The D casino owner is giving away 1,000 free airline tickets to reignite tourism to Las Vegas.
May 26, 2020
- “The Umbrella Academy” is officially coming back with Season 2 this summer.
- Station casinos are to use thermal scanners on guests and employees once it reopens properties.
- Wi-Fi enabled buses bring internet to students lacking access at home!
- City of Las Vegas closing some downtown streets to allow for on-street dining pavilions.
- Quarantine reunites 160 former Disneyland cast members to recreate the iconic parade at home.
- Amazon is pushing Prime Day to fall.
- TikTok keeps booming around the world as people staying home during the pandemic create and share videos.
- Fountains turned back on at Caesars Palace last week!
- Betty White is doing perfectly fine despite the coronavirus pandemic.
- People are installing portable hand washing sinks for the homeless in cities across the US.
- Free parking is coming back to the Las Vegas strip!
- 64% of Americans have experienced transformative ‘Eco wake-up calls’ during this pandemic.
- White Claw introduced four new flavors of its spiked seltzer.
- Most American cities have reported a steep drop in major crimes during the pandemic.
- White storks have hatched the first wild chicks born in England in 600 years.
- Today, the New York Stock Exchange will reopen its iconic trading floor with new safety measures.
- The NBA talks with Disney about restarting the league in late July at Disney’s sports complex in FL.
- New plant-bases bottles and cups backed by Coca-Cola and Dannon can degrade in a year!
May 18, 2020
- For the first time, U.S. renewable energy surpasses coal every day for an entire month.
- Major League Baseball has proposed starting its season by early July.
- Hero teen is rewarded for returning $135,000 he found next to the ATM.
- Downtown Container Park reopened Thursday May 14th.
- About 200 goats escaped through a fence and roamed the streets of San Jose, CA.
- Gucci halts production of it’s $6,000 mask since customers complained about breathing through the leather.
- Uber wants to feast on GrubHub, there’s been talk that the two major food-delivery services will unite.
- Lucky residents of Germany have been attending a series of 0ne-on-one performance organized by local orchestras.
- Nevada Highway reopened after largest area quake in 65 years!
- The biggest solar farm in the U.S. and eighth largest in the world will be coming to Las Vegas. The $1 billion Gemini project will power Las Vegas’s entire residential population. Nevada’s plans to generate half of its energy from renewable sources by 2030.
- Guy Fieri giving $22 million he raised to restaurant workers!
- House passes $3 trillion coronavirus relief – the most expensive bill in history.
- Anonymous donors pay off millions in student debt for 400 low-income college graduates.
- The U.K. has hired more than 17,000 contact tracers to help contain the spread of COVID-19.
- The big three Detroit automakers – GM, Ford, and Fiat Chrysler are restarting production at many U.S. factories today. Roughly, 133,000 auto employees are headed back to work.
- Kroger to give employees $130 million in ‘Thank You’ pay.
Photo Credit: Instagram @banksy
May 11, 2020
- Nevada colleges and universities plan to resume in-person classes after July 1st.
- Local bike shop sees boom in business as more Las Vegans turn to cycling!
- A new Banksy has appeared on the wall at Southampton General Hospital paying tribute to NHS staff.
- Pink Floyd will stream free concerts every Friday for fans to get through quarantine.
- Stephenie Meyer announced she’s releasing a new book, Midnight Sun, a retelling of Twilight in Edwards point of view.
- Lowe’s sends Mother’s Day love to isolated seniors with $1 million in flower baskets.
- Nike donated tens of thousands of shoes they designed exclusively for Healthcare workers.
- Wynn Resorts extends pay, benefits through May 31 for 15,000 employees.
- Kroger buys and redirects dairy farmers excess milk sending 50,000 gallons to food banks.
- On May 8,1945 seventy-five years ago, VE Day was celebrated around the world for the end of World War II.
- S. field hospitals stand down, most without treating any COVID-19 patients.
- Restaurants in Las Vegas welcome diners over the weekend for the first time in weeks!
- 2020 primary election ballot drop off sites opening today.
- DMV has issued an automatic 90-extension for documents (drivers licenses, ID, vehicle registration etc.) that expire after March 16th.
- Walt Disney World plans to reopen restaurant and entertainment on May 20th.
May 4, 2020
- The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels teamed up last week and flew over New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania in support for front-line workers.
- Netflix added over 30 new movies to help you self-quarantine.
- Scuba diving group are swamped with orders for its face masks that are made from recycled plastic pollution from the recycled plastic pollution from the ocean.
- Vegetables and fruits are ready to be harvested at the Gilcrease Orchard!
- It was Rome’s 2,773 birthday last week!
- NASCAR announces return to the track in South Carolina on May 17th.
- Zion National park will start reopening on May 13th.
- Pakistan hires thousands of newly unemployed laborers for 10 billion tree-planting initiative.
- Southern Hills Hospital partners with Red Cross for first plasma transfusion to treat COVID-19.
- A coronavirus vaccine test is being prepared at Oxford University in If the vaccine proves effective, scientists said the first doses could be available by September.
- Americans in stable financial positions are donating parts of their $1,200 stimulus checks (Pledge My Check) to help people affected by COVID-19.
- More than a dozen states started to loosen restrictions that they impose to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
- A nonprofit organization Gowns4Good sends donated graduation gowns to healthcare workers as PPE.
- “Stay Home for Nevada” Nevada drivers could receive premium relief refunds for auto insurance policies.
Photo Credit: Las Vegas Review-Journal
April 27, 2020
- For the first time in 240 years White-Tailed Eagles spotted flying over England.
- The price or apartment rentals are dropping in Las Vegas by 1.4%.
- The Thunderbirds and Blue Angles spotted together flying over Florida to highlight “national unity” in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A team of researchers from India discovered a new species of green vipers and named it Salazar Slytherin after Harry Potter.
- The $125 million, three-year road project starts this week on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Crews installed the first Raiders shield logo at the Las Vegas Raiders Head Quarters and Practice Facility in Henderson, NV.
- IKEA publishes meatball recipe for people in Quarantine!
- Air pollution in major cities has dropped by as much as 60% during the shutdown.
- Southern Hills Hospital partners with Red Cross for the first plasma transfusion to treat COVID-19.
- After a devastating fire season in Australia, scientist and disaster officials are working on new fire prediction technologies that will help firefighters work faster and more safely.
- Chick-fil-A announced that they will be donating $10.8 million to communities across the country for COVID-19 relief.
- Hearts Alive Village a local non-profit group in Las Vegas is donating thousands of pounds of pet food to charities and families.
- Italy, Spain, and France are taking measures to ease lock-down restrictions. Children were allowed out of their homes in the first time in more than six weeks.
- More than 50 COVID-19 patients released from Sunrise Hospital to date.
April 20, 2020
- New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art turned 150 on Monday 4/13/20.
- After prioritizing shipments for medical supplies and other high- demand products, Amazon will once again ship limited quantities of non-essential items to customers.
- Reading Rainbows Levar Burton is now livestreaming Reading on Twitter!
- Apple introduces new iPhone
- Newfound alien planet, Kelper - 1649c, may be the most Earth-like yet!
- 200 million Monarch butterflies are on their way straight to Arkansas this
- Netflix CEO donates $30 million to coronavirus vaccine development.
- Over 20,000 Wi-Fi devices were donated to hospitals so patients can talk with family in
- Check your bank account! The IRS started distributing stimulus checks to American taxpayers last weekend.
- Himalayan mountaintops are visible for the first time in 30 years as air pollution continues to plummet in India.
- The ISO-Q facility for the homeless at Cashman Center began taking patients on Monday, the facility will support up to 500 patients.
- House Democrats introduce plan to pay Americans $2,000 a month until the economy recovers from COVID-19.
- Amazon hiring more than 800 people in Nevada and additional 75,000 nationwide.
- Newly developed enzyme that breaks down plastic bottles in on track to change the recycling game.
- As coal usage declines, new study finds dramatic decrease in Asthma Symptoms and Hospitalizations.
April 13, 2020
- Bernie Sanders withdraws from the Democratic presidential race on April 8th.
- Tyler Perry pays for all elderly grocery bills at 73 stores in Atlanta and New Orleans.
- NASA satellite sees air pollution drop over northeastern US.
- April 11th marked 50 years since NASA’s Apollo 13 mission launch on an unexpectedly tumultuous journey around the moon.
- Saturday April 11th the Thunderbirds flew over Las Vegas as a ‘Thank you’ to healthcare workers and first responders.
- CCSD food service employees will see increase in next paycheck.
- Raiders prepare for Allegiant Stadium construction delays but at the moment it remains on track!
- IRS speeds up coronavirus check printing, delivery ahead of schedule!
- On Wednesday April 8th the first critical coronavirus patient was sent home from Southern Hills Hospital.
- New call center will add at least 100 operators to help the influx of calls for unemployment in the state.
- A potential coronavirus vaccine funded by Bill Gates is set to begin testing on healthy people in Philadelphia, Kansas City, and Missouri starting last week.
- Bill Gates in now building factories to provide 7 of the most promising COVID-19 vaccines.
- In Clark County 727 people estimated to have recovered from the coronavirus.
April 6, 2020
- The Moon, Venus And Jupiter Will Align to Form a Smiley Face This May!
- Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan were among nine players elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Restaurants like Starbucks, Tropical Smoothie, and Krispy Kreme expressing gratitude by offering free goodies to hospital staff and emergency responders.
- Hourly workers at largest grocery store chains in US all getting ‘Hero Bonuses’ for their service and amid to the outbreak.
- Disney donates surplus foods to food banks as park remains closed.
- JoAnn fabrics are handing out free fabric supplies at curbside to anyone sewing face masks at home.
- Colorado shelter sees every animal get adapted during COVID-19 outbreak.
- Construction is underway on a new isolation and quarantine center capable of serving at least 350 homeless people in downtown Las Vegas, it should be ready by April 6th.
- Las Vegas Sands is donating medical equipment to Nevada and New York, they will receive 1 million surgical masks each and Nevada’s health care industry will also get 20,000 protective suits.
- Russia Sends Cargo Plane of Medical Supplies to US: ‘There is no alternative to working together’.
- New England Patriots send its team jet to deliver 1.2 million N95 masks from China to Boston and NYC Hospitals.
- Starbucks and McDonalds aim to replace 250 billion paper coffee cups with recyclable alternatives.
- Industries like Walmart, Amazon, Walgreens, CVS etc. hiring thousands to meet coronavirus- related demand.
March 30, 2020
- The summer Olympics will be postponed for a year because of the coronavirus. They were scheduled to begin in Tokyo in late July.
- The Neon Museum is expanding! Work has begun on the 32,000 square foot building across Las Vegas boulevard and Neon Museum. It will be named Ne10, the neon’s chemical symbol, Ne, and the atomic number, 10.
- 15-year-old girl is helping protect California’s most vulnerable from the dangers of coronavirus by handing out 250 “sanitation kits” to homeless shelters.
- Workers are in process of pouring 75 million pounds of concrete for the 600,000 square-foot floor for the expansion of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- On Saturday March 28th, millions of people around the world switched off their lights for an hour at 8:30pm in celebration of Earth Hour.
- Virginia reportedly becomes first state in the south to mandate 100% clean
- The new Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 tests can produce either a positive result in just under 5 minutes or a negative result in under 15
- NV Energy is suspending disconnections for non-payments and waiving late payments for those who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Crocs donates 10,000 shoes a day to healthcare works fighting against coronavirus.
- On March 26th, the Senate voted to approve a stimulus bill totaling $2 trillion to provide relief to individuals, families, small businesses, and industries impacted by the economic slowdown caused by the coronavirus
March 23, 2020
- Tax deadline extended to July 15th!
- On Saturday, people around the world will switch off their lights for 60 minutes at 8:30 p.m. local time in support of Earth Hour. The event promotes sustainability and urges people to consider ways to tackle the climate crisis.
- Graduate invented a biodegradable material that could one day replace plastic packaging.
- A 49-foot asteroid will skim the earth today at 28,900 mph.
- The national guard has been deployed to California, Washington, and New York.
- Quick morning workout! Do the following circuit: 3x: 20 squats, 15 push-ups, 10 reverse lunges (each leg), 30-second plank, 5 burpees.
- FDA approved a new rapid test for COVID-19 that gives results in under an hour.
- Many factories such as Tesla and GM are changing their production to create ventilators.
- Dimension Design is sewing face masks and hospital gowns.
- Cox has pledged 5 million to help fight the novel coronavirus.
- LinkedIn opened 16 learning of its learning courses for free.
- Adobe is giving higher education and K-12 institutional customers of their Creative Cloud apps the ability to request temporary “at-home” access for their students and educators. This is being granted through May 31, 2020 at no additional cost and is available globally.
- Audible is now offering free audiobooks for kids stuck at home.