Construction has begun on Vegas’s newest event center, the Expo at World Market Center Las Vegas. Workers broke ground on the 315,000 - square - foot center in January, and plan to finish construction by June of 2020.
We’re thrilled to see an expansive, new trade show venue coming to downtown Vegas, especially after the Cashman Center closed in 2017. Downtown’s smaller resorts have often forced bigger events to stay near the Strip. But the Expo at World Market Center promises to change that! Here’s what we know so far:
- Size — The new center will be 315,000 square feet, three times larger than the (recently closed) Cashman Center
- Management — International Market Centers will manage the new facilities
- Budget — The project is estimated to cost more than $90 million, with $30 million coming from the city
- Events — The Expo will eventually host Summer World Market (July 28 - August 1, 2019) and Winter World Market. Beyond that, the new center plans to serve large trade shows and other events year-round
- Facilities — The existing tents at the Pavilion, near West Symphony Park Avenue, will be replaced by parking lots to serve the new center. World Market Center currently also has a 3,600-stall parking garage.
International World Markets has contributed to significant growth in downtown Vegas over the last few decades. Their current, 5 million-square-foot home furnishings showroom is the largest of its kind and consists of three buildings, constructed from 2005 - 2008. Original plans included two more buildings and up to 12 million square feet of room. Those plans halted after the last recession.
We couldn’t be happier to see more growth in Vegas, especially downtown. And, we’re looking forward to working with great brands on new shows coming to the Expo at World Market Center.
Ready to develop your new project? Don’t fall victim to the pitfalls of booth ownership. Update your outdated exhibit with a fresh, new design. Check out our white paper: 3 Pitfalls of Owning a Trade Show Exhibit.